Leg of lamb in the oven
Ingredients for 4 people
1,5 kg whole leg of lamb • 300 g cured sobrassada • 100 g fresh streaky bacon • 1 tbsp lard • 1 tbsp salt • 1 tbsp ground black pepper
1. The previous day, place the streaky bacon and sobrassada in the refrigerator to be able to cut them better the next day.
2. Cut the sobrassada in slices, set 100 g aside and then cut the rest in strips, cut the streaky bacon in strips too.
3. Stuff the meat puncturing it with a sharp knife. Place a piece of sobrassada and one of bacon alternatively in each cut. Salt and pepper each side and keep in refrigerator.
4. Pre-heat oven to 200º C. Place the rest of the sobrassada at the bottom of the casserole and the leg of lamb on top.
5. Put little pieces of lard over the leg, turn the oven down to 180º C and roast for 40 to 50 minutes in the centre of the oven. Remove from oven and leave it to settle before serving
You can serve the leg of lamb in the oven with fried potatoes and a fresh tomato salad. You can either fry the potatoes in deep oil or in a mixture of oil and lard; fry them with cloves of garlic and bay leaves.
See all recipes de Menorcan cuisine